It isn't a myth or something that was made up just to make our dr's sound intelligent.
You REALLY should eat your protein first. Holy cow!
Yesterday I told you about the new to go meals that I found and how I didn't really like what I had yesterday but it did keep me full for 5 hours.
Well today, I had the Chicken Eggplant Marinara. It was 295 cal, 8g fat, and 34g protein. It was actually good! However I could barely eat half of it!
Now here is the weird thing. For the last few months I have been going in and getting unfills from the dr. My highest fill level was maybe 8.25 and I am now at like 4.5 I think.
My sometimes logical brain would think that I should be able to eat anything at this restriction level....and I can, when it comes to sliders. But DANG, you eat something that is healthy and full of protein (some not so good for you stuff has a lot of protein, like the chicken nuggets from Wendy's and they do not fill me up like this did) and BAM....restriction! I am a believer! Protein first.
And Dawnya and Ronnie (and any other North Texas or Austin area bloggers) the name of the company is simplyfitmeals(dot)com. They have a store up in Plano almost to Frisco and another one in the Austin area.

8 comments:
I blogged about almost the exact thing the other day - it's amazing the difference in restriction when you eat protein first! makes us good bandsters for that realization LOL
I always eat my protein first or I am in big trouble! LOL
That actually looks like a big portion size. I would love to be able to purchase high protein frozen meals for something quick. Unfortunately it's not available here. And the frozen dinners at the grocery store are full of carbs.
And I was surprised that you mentioned you had 8cc's in your band down to 4. That's really something.
It's true about the protein. I remember I used be so diligent about that but now I'm more slack. Good reminder to focus more.
Thanks Angela. I'm going to check them out right now.
Thanks! And that chicken eggplant marinara does look good. :D
It's so true, but I'm really bad at doing it. I have great restriction when I eat protein first. I could eat a million and a half chips or cookies and never feel a thing. But 3 oz of chicken and I'm stuffed. Why do I torture myself so. I know what's right, but I still don't do it like I should!
Interesting. I will check them out since I'm in the Austin area.
Post a Comment