So some of you may be familiar with my affinity for co$sto cake....as demonstrated here. And so after that little set back, I made some goals and lost the weight that I gained from my little indiscretion.
Then last weekend happened. We have 11 birthdays in the month of September and so we all get together and celebrate over Labor day weekend....and what kind of cake did we have? Yep...co$tco cake. And in the beginning I was smart about it. I had a small piece on Friday....another not so small piece on Saturday BUT I worked out an extra 45 min since I knew that the weigh in was Sunday and I didn't want to have a gain. And I didn't! I weighed in at 191. I was very happy about that....so happy in fact that I had another piece of cake that afternoon to celebrate. And then again on Monday...I like to celebrate, what can I say?
So needless to say that led to a bit of a gain on my Tuesday morning weigh in. I am no longer at 191, but I am doing everything I can to get back there and then some.
This seems to be a pattern with me lately. I will gain after my Sunday weigh in and then work my butt off trying to get the new weight off an hopefully drop a little more so I can report a loss the next week. It's a crazy viscous cycle and I would like to get off. I don't know what has happened to my willpower. When I first started I could pass up that cake without a second thought and now....now it calls to me. I need to find a way to cut to connection...
Oh and by the way, guess what we are having again this weekend? My mom is throwing a surprise birthday party for one of her friends and her favorite cake? Co$tco cake...Lord give me strength.

10 comments:
Thank God we have no Costcos around here or I'd be in trouble.
MMMMM Cake... I would totally have a hard time saying no to cake as well...
Good luck with the cake gorgeous, but know how awesome you are doing! 191??? Amazing!
Costco in and of itself is a dangerous place for me. Have you ever had one of their hand dipped ice cream bars?? OMG - I abused them over the summer. Be strong.
Oh no. I try to stay as far away from cake as possible. To bad cookies are right around the corner. Ugh.
You can do it. You can go to the party this weekend and not have any cake. I know you can do it. I will try to stay away from the cookies as well.
Ohhhh my heavens, Costco cakes are the BEST!! Costco itself, and all the incredible goodies that live there, is danger squared!!
I feel for you - be strong!!
Ummm, for me it's the Cosco muffins. The apple crisp kind. Gotta be like 1284 calories in one of those. But they taste sooooo good!
There is a dozen sitting on my counter and i've been able to resist for 5 days!!
If I can do it, you can too!!!
I miss cake.............
Cosco cakes are awesome (not as good as mine of course, but I digress...). I got into this cycle with my 6 month superised diet...I'd eat like crap at the beginning of the month and then work like a mad woman to show a loss at the end of the month. It's very frustrating. Try to settle on just a small piece. Eventually...we'll run out of birthdays.
You deserve to be commended in all you do. Just be careful with your trigger the CAKE!
Nothing wrong with having a tiny piece, nothing at all just plan it into those workouts!
Post a Comment