So I mentioned a while back that my foot was hurting and I thought it was the shoes. So I stopped running/walking for a week and went to Run On to get fitted for some proper running shoes. This Sunday was my first day out and I walked 4 miles. A little pain but not too bad. This morning I ran/walked for 30 minutes and by the time I got to work I was really in some pain.
(The arrow is demonstrating where my foot hurts, so for any of you experts out there who want to diagnose me, I am all yours. Hell, even you WebMD worshipers can give it a shot!)
I decided to give in a call the doctor to see if he could get me in today because I was really tired of this. I finally made up my mind to do something, I have a goal and then BAM...I get knocked back into reality. Anywhoozle, I go in to see him and he tells me that he thinks that it is inflamed yadda, yadda, yadda, take this antinflamatory, you can walk, but not run, and we'll see how it goes.
Then he starts looking at my chart. I have been going to this Dr. for the last 14 years and my entire chart is like a page and a half. I really do not like going to the doctor. So he starts to ask me about my neck and shoulders. Apparently everytime I have gone in I have mentioned that as an issue. I told him that I pretty much always have issues and sleep with a heating pad on a semi regular basis because it hurts so bad sometimes. He then took a moment to call the nurse into the examine room. I was not prepared for what happened next. The man reached out and grabbed/lifted my boobs. He then said..."How does this feel?" Being totally taken off guard I said..."Awkward?!" He laughed and said that he was trying to demonstrate what kind of relief I might get from a breast reduction. I was shocked! I said, "You mean like a breast reduction that is covered by insurance??" He said the "Yes" and that I had quite a history of pain so it may be time to look into it. He wants to wait about a year to let my weight loss level off but that he thinks in the future that we may need to go in that direction.
Ack!!! Who knew going in to have my foot looked at would end in going to 2nd base with my doctor. It may or may not happen. Who knows, I could lose a lot more weight in the boobs and then I wouldn't need one. We shall see but there is hope for the girls, it would be nice to be pointing up again! :)


14 comments:
Love your tattoo on your foot. Sorry you are in pain, hoping you feel better soon.
My aunt had a breast reduction and she said it was the best thing she ever did. She said her neck and back pain went away. I am sorry your foot hurts. I had surgery on mine earlier this year, so I know what you are going through. I hope it feels better soon!
My sister had her breast reduction covered by insurance because of her bad back. I know she's glad she did it.
Good luck with your foot!
I have thought of breast reduction for years, but having been overweight my entire adult life, so much of my sexuality became tied up in my big tatas. I mean, if I'm gonna be fat, at least I'll have the big boobies to go along with it right? Maybe it'll change after I have surgery, and there are other things about my body that I actually like...
I have a tattoo on my foot in exactly the same spot :)
Did the doctor take some xrays of your foot? The area you are pointing to in the picture is at the base of the 5th metatarsal and you could have a fracture. The NSAID's will help with inflammation and rest will also but you need to diagnose the problem. I would advise you to see a foot and ankle surgeon just to be safe.
I'm sorry for the pain...I know it is the worst...must have been kind of crazy to have that appointment do a 180! And, thanks so much for the award! so nice!
WOOHOO Second base! hahaha.. I think the weight loss will help with that. Have you tried some good old massage?
AWKWARD - LOVE it!
Sorry to hear about your foot. Better to get it properly taken care of now so you can train in the future. We've still got five months, so you'll be fine as long as you take care of it now. Listen to Jen - she's smart!
LOL!!! That is too funny. It's great that you have it documented. I know Drazil had one and she's so happy she did. Southern Belles advice sounds spot on. I hope you have some relief soon!
LOLOLOL..not about the foot pain but about the boob grabbing!
That is AWESOME.....the boobs, not the foot, sorry bout that! I need to go get my back problems documented right now! Then, maybe when I'm done losing weight if they girls are still big, floppy, and closer to my knees than my chin I can get in on some of that! My good friend had 1 1/2 pounds from each breast taken (I think, maybe not quite that much.....) and she loves it as well. Of course with her, she is a size 4 waist, and still a DD after the reduction!
sorry about the foot, but woohoo about the possible surgery! And the bonus of 2nd base unexpected and with nothing expected in return! ;)
Wow, it would be wonderful if a breast reduction helped. What a difference it would make to your life!
That foot definitely does not look right. I hope you're feeling better son. :-)
SO JEALOUS! Breast reduction? on your insurance's dime?! SWEET. Do it, do it! :-)
Post a Comment