OK...so in order to tell you this story I need to give you some history.
We moved when I was about 9 years old. Loved the new house, my room was at the front of the house and I was just super excited about all the things that came along with the house, 2 story, pool etc. What I did not realize came with the house, was the crazy running singing man who would run by our house every morning around 6:00. The first time I heard (was awoken) by him, I looked out my window and saw the craziest looking guy. He was pretty big, running pretty slow, and was breathlessly belting out Pour Some Sugar On Me. He had some of those leopard pants on and long stringy blond hair. This was the beginning of our beautiful relationship. Every morning for years he would run by my house singing the best of the 80s. As he got smaller, the songs got louder, but the hair stayed the same. So......
Cut to this morning. I was running and I like to choose songs that are inspirational to run to. They have to be loud and have a good beat and I am good. Well this morning, I was dying to sing along with the song Stronger by Britney Spears. I held back, but there was a part where she says "Stronger than yesterday" and then there is a *clap clap*. And Lord help me I did the clap clap this morning....I couldn't help it! I definitely garnered some interesting looks, stares and smiles. Is this the beginning? I am turning into the crazy running singing man....or more appropriately the crazy running singing clapping girl!
Beware...she runs, sings and claps. She's taking over your neighbor gyms and tracks.

10 comments:
You made me smile with this post.
hahaha...this is one reason that listening to music at the gym is kind of hard for me... I wanna keep beat with the song on the side of the treadmill and do some "air drumming", but that would be inappropriate. lol
I have this problem at work. I work with my iPod, and usually I don't have to worry about others being around except my hubby, but sometimes an employee will walk in and catch me.....and keep in mind, when you hear me sing it reminds you of something that would be played to torment in an Iraqi prison, NOT pretty!
Loved GLEE last night just as much as I LOVE BRITNEY!
Too funny! Can't help but think, if you're happy and you know it, clap your hands!!!
I can picture it.
Ha ha - I thought this post might be about doing the hokey pokey..."then you turn yourself around" -- there is clapping in the hokey pokey right?
Ahahaha this neighbour is awesome... id love to meet him!
That's awesome!!! LOL
Thanks for commenting on my blog! I just read through yours (yes, all of it) and you absolutely crack me up! Your progress has been fantastic and I love seeing your progress pics. Now following you...
Post a Comment