Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Mmmm....Funyons

So, yesterday I was reading the fabulous Tessie Rose's latest post and she talked about Funyons. Suddenly, all I could think about was Funyons. I haven't had Funyons in YEARS. Luckily (or unluckily depending on how you see it) we have Funyons in our vending machine. I debated for all of 10 seconds and went off to get my very own bag. Now I told my assistant principal that I was going to bring the bag into his office, take out two delicious rings and give him the rest of the bag. His instruction were to crumple up the contents of said bag and throw them into the trash can. Sounded like a good plan right????

I head to the lounge and put my money into the machine. 10 dimes and the push of a couple of buttons seperated me from my prize. I get the dimes in, and push A6...here they come....oh....but....wait...they are stuck....really?? I shake the machine a little....do a little banging...realize that one of the district maintenece guys is sitting in there so I can't use my ample backside to give the machine a good bump (there is a lot of power in my bump...er...whatever)...so I walk away. I figure, it just isn't meant to be. However, I did send this email out to the staff...

To my dear (school name) family,
In a moment of weakness, I went to the lounge and purchased a bag of Funyons. Apparently, it was not meant to be. The bag is stuck in the machine. I am going to take that as a sign that I should not have that delicious afternoon treat. So, if you happen to be the lucky one who can remove the Funyons from the machine, then please enjoy this free treat…and if you happen to save me just one of those wonderful rings, I would be eternally grateful.

Thank you.

Oh Funyons, why do you make me behave so....I think I am going to have them removed from the machine. Have a happy Tuesday! :)

8 comments:

Seeing in colour said...

Ahahaha i loved this post... super cute! Wish i new what Funyons were?! they sound interesting.

Liz said...

I always like the Wise Onion Rings better - but at this point, I'd happily take either one!!! ;)

Theresa said...

LOL! Sorry I put the thought in your head.

Pamela E. Williams said...

LMBO, now that is funny. I understand because the same thing happened to me with a bottle of Peach CRUSH!! This was before the band, but dang I wanted that soda.

-Grace- said...

OMG I totally think they got stuck for reason! How funny is that...

The Banded Lady said...

LOVE your email! Oh foods we know are awful for us...

When you get a chance my gal - I nominated you for an award over at my place. (http://thebandedlady.blogspot.com/)

Thanks for your support and your wonderful blog.

Bonnie said...

I love funyons too, but luckily they give me a stomache ache (preband - assume the same would happen post band) so I usually don't eat a lot of them. Good thing the maintenance guy was there or you might have put a hurtin on that machine to get your snack.

Lady Lap Band said...

This is something that would so happen to me! I'm sure you are right and it just was not meant to be! Sometimes we all need a little help, God Bless that vending machine. =)

www.ladylapband.com