Friday, September 17, 2010

What the Hell Was I Thinking?!?!?!?!

This is what I ordered for lunch today....

How is it possible that me, a rational thinking human, who gets stuck cottage cheese, would ever think that I could eat this? However, when the order form came around, I sure did mark my usual turkey melt and slap down my money. Oh and in case you were wondering, that is a GIANT side of ranch on the right hand side of the picture, you know, for my french fries. That way I can pretend like I am eating carrots and celery.

So now, I am stuck...at work...and I have to go in and read for a kinder class in 15 minutes. Please pray that I don't traumatize those poor babies and pb in front of them.

This just proves that although I have come a long way in improving my food choices, there is still a part of me that has a long way to go. I am now going to go offer my sandwich, fries, and giant side of ranch to one of my coworkers in hopes that they will take it and at the very least throw it away for me because I don't think I can do it.

10 comments:

Theresa said...

Old habits are hard to break!

Amy said...

Been there, done that. My brain isn't the quickest learner, apparently.

Here's to no PB'ing!

Amanda Kiska said...

Do you need an unfill? You shouldn't be PBing on mushies.

Christine said...

buttered & grilld bread? french fries?? a MASSIVE side of ranch? Forget having the band and the stuck-factor...you're supposed to be losing weight! Indeed, what were you thinking?!?!

(There's no way on the planet that I could eat that sandwich OR the fries with my band. It's MUCH too tight for that. Those aren't "mushies," that's solid food.)

Well, you certainly learned from that lesson! Move forwards and make healthier choices in the future! :-)

Anonymous said...

I totally agree with Christine! I just cannot and will not eat like that ever again. It is not worth the PB or the extra calories.

Steph said...

Sorry to hear you learned the hard way, but it's something we've all been through. The good thing is that we learn from our lessons (hopefully!) and move on...:) Damn, though, that looks good!! Ranch and french fries are delish!

Pamela E. Williams said...

I'm with you Stephanie. It looks good. I am sorry that you got stuck. Hopefully you got through the kinder class ok.

Cindylew said...

Sorry you went through this.
Tomorrow is another day.

Janelle said...

I have ordered MANY dishes that look very similar to that! And they were never the easiest to eat, even when I was going slow and chewing a lot. I haven't ordered one in a while.. I think I have finally broken that habit.

Things happen, you will learn and you will get sick of being stuck, too, so you won't always want that stuff, I swear!~ I look at that and think "do I really wanna deal with being stuck? Nah, I will get something else.." Seriously, it will happen!

Sam said...

I know the feeling, you think the days of bad food are behind you for good and then order meals like this.

I hope you got through the day okay.