Tuesday, August 31, 2010

These are a few of my favorite things...

I just thought I would share a few of my favorites right now...
My new kicks! I have always been a New Balance girl...but I decided to break out of my comfort zone and try a different brand. These are Asics and so far so good!


My tervis tumbler...when I gave up my 5 a day diet dp habit (I know, awful right?) this cup saved my life. It gave me something to focus on when I wanted to pop open a dp. It was a new ritual, and now I have one at home and one a work and you rarely see me without it.

Now you may be asking what is that pink elixar that my cup is filled with?

Why it is none other than the fabulous Crystal Light....I LOVE this stuff. It gives my water a little kick and helps me get down those 10 glasses a day.


And life wouldn't be complete without my sugar free popsicle. MMMMMM....15 calories of goodness. I would have taken a picture with an orange one but....I ate them already!!!!!

BTW, have you ever tried to take a picture with a popsicle? It took a few tries to make sure that I didn't look like I was auditioning for an adult film... :)

Currently I am still holding steady on the scale. I have worked out twice this week and am thinking about starting the C25K program. I have picked out a 5K for a little over a month from now. It will be my first race in about 5 years. I may have to do it by myself, because I am kind of emotional about it and if I cry when I cross the finish line, I don't really think I want anyone there with me...is that weird?

Anywho...I hope you enjoyed my poem yesterday. I was just so excited about not having to shell out the money for a new sports bra...and just so you know, the girls were sufficiently reigned in this morning. Now if I could just figure out a way to keep my butt from jiggling so much. Thank goodness the mirrors are behind me, I don't think I would be able to run otherwise. Goodnight all!

7 comments:

Bonnie said...

I love Asics. They are so comfy. I know what you mean about the 5K. I'd have to stuff my bra with tissues so I wasn't snotting across the finish line.

DiZneDiVa said...

I am going to be shopping for new sneakers soon... I want one of those shaping ones now... since I got Fit Flops recently and they align my spine and such... so well, I am thrilled. I am blogging about them tonight. I got Disney ones since I'm a Disney girl... and I flip flop it about 350+ days a year here in FLA. Anyway, I love them so much, I am thinking about getting the black ones too. Although I'm sure that the bronzy brown ones will still be my fave. They're so pretty and I am an Autumn... *Maria*-blogger from "This one time at BAND Camp..." check out my blog at mybigfatbandgeeklife.blogspot.com

Pamela E. Williams said...

Ok so I had to laugh about the popsicle and posing with it to not look like you were in an adult film. To funny.

Its not weird at all that you want to do the 5k by yourself. I will be doing the Susan G. Komen race in October by myself. I pretty much know I will cry when I cross the finish line.

Sam said...

I just did the same thing with my trainers, have always had new balance and this time went for the asics:)

Janelle said...

c25k is fun, I am in week 5 but have taken a break since it wasn't helping with my weight loss lol. It takes 9 weeks though, so hopefully you will be good enough in a month!

uh said...

popsicles were my fav as well. Great blog!

P said...

I'm just finding and reading your blog. I love my Tervis tumblers too - and I just bought one for work to replace my Coke habit. :)