Wednesday, August 18, 2010
Weight Loss on Fast Forward
Ok...being new here I had read many of the blogs out there from beginning to end. Most of them I read before surgery, which means I was delirious from hunger, and some I read right after surgery, which means I was delirious from pain meds. And just recently I found another one that prompted me to read it from beginning to end and as much as I am inspired and in awe of these awesome ladies...I inadvertently created a false sense of reality. I read these amazing journeys which lasted in reality months and months but in my own little world, they all lost around 100lbs a couple of weeks. Go lap band right? Wrong! I know that that kind of weight loss is not possible but reading about others successes makes me want it that much more and it makes me wish I had started that much sooner. Ahhhh...it makes the plateaus that much harder. It is crazy the little games our minds play...huh? Does this even make any sense? It is kind of late and I really should have gone to bed about 2 hours ago but frustration is keeping me up...and hunger. I am trying to avoid the kitchen....just go to sleep...just go to sleep....don't even think about the cookie dough in the fridge...why do I even have cookie dough in my fridge? Just more questions to keep me up. Thanks for reading...is anyone reading?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

11 comments:
ME! I am reading! I did the SAME thing - read blogs and felt like their weight loss happened pretty much overnight. And the funny thing is now that I am almost 9 months out, it doesn't seem like I've been banded for 9 months. Granted, bandster hell sucked, but once I was past it, time has flown by!
Love your pics - gorgeous!
Yep, I'm reading. I just found you courtesy of Amy above. I'm newly banded (8/10)so I may not help much, but know that I'm rooting for you.
The journey's are amazing aren't they?!?!
I'm reading. I found you courtesy of Amy, as well. She said you were gorgeous and she was totally right -- you're beautiful!
It's great that you are reading other banding blogs, but it's also good to keep in mind that the banding journey takes months and years! I got my band 18 months ago and I'm still losing. If I can reach my goal (only 12 pounds away!) but my 2-year band-i-versary in February, I'll be thrilled!!!
Christine
www.phoenixrevolution.net
I'm reading!
I can see how that would play tricks with your mind. I couldn't read 'em that fast and the first ones I picked to read hadn't met goal, yet, so that helped, I think.
We were banded on the same day! And we are both in TX! That's awesome! I hope you enjoy blogging!!
I'm reading! Just found you, thanks to Amy.
Hello! Just found your blog :)
Add me to the list of who's reading! Amy pointed me here and I'm glad to be following your journey!
Ditto what they said, Amy sent me too. I certainly feel you on this one. You're doing great!
Amy sent me too! I was banded 2/12 and have lost 75 lbs. Fast, I know, but not fast enough! Check out my blog: http://amandakiska.blogpost.com
Amy sent me, so I'm reading now. I have to go back and catch up! Sounds like you're doing great!
Hi there! Found you by way of Amy's blog. You're doing great!
Post a Comment