Monday, August 23, 2010

Day of Firsts

So today was the first day of school and my goal as the principal is to "get 'em in, get 'em fed, and get 'em home." And I have to say we were successful. The 108 degree heat didn't help much but we all got through, although I am pretty sure I was almost a puddle on the sidewalk. Let me tell you ladies, I got sweat in places there should not be sweat. I think I am going to have to put deodorant under my boobs tomorrow...did I go too far?

Anyway, as promised here is a picture of the dress that I wore, and this was another first. I have never worn a dress to school! Can you believe that? I have worked in the same building for 10 years and this is the first time ever!
And since I forgot to take a picture before I left the house, this was taken in the clinic restroom. Please excuse the toilet and the emergency wheel chair in the mirror. :)

And my final first of the day is.....
I GOT UP AND WORKED OUT BEFORE WORK TODAY!!!!!

Don't believe me????

This is what 5 am looks like at the track, and nope that is not a street light shining in the sky. It is the  moon. It was a blazing 85 degrees even at 5 in the morning. However, I felt really good all day and I am going to try to go again tomorrow morning....because if you ladies think I am even setting foot outside in this triple digit heat with the intention of participating in some physical fitness you have got to be smoking crack. :)

Dripping in Dallas,
Angela

PS - Thanks to Jen I had a great new playlist to listen too!

9 comments:

Bonnie said...

I so respect people who can get their asses out of bed so early to work out. I LOVE the dress - professional and pretty at the same time - not easy to pull off.

Seeing in colour said...

Love the dress!

Its a struggle getting up in the mornings but i do it pretty much every day.... its worth it tho!

Jen said...

LOVE the dress!!!! And GO YOU for getting up so early!!! It's hard but so worth it!!

Janelle said...

Very cute dress!!

Pamela E. Williams said...

The dress is really cute. Congrats on getting up and getting a workout in. I can't get up to do that. I'm such a slacker. I always do my workouts in the evening. I would love to be able to get up early, but I keep hitting the snooze button.

Amanda Kiska said...

Cute dress!

Cindylew said...

You look great...thanks for visiting my blog...we were banded just 2 weeks apart. I started my pre-op diet the day you were banded.

Nella said...

Love the dress!
I tried the deodorant under da boobs and it worked!

Liz said...

That's such a cute dress! Thanks for coming and saying hi on my blog!