Saturday, August 21, 2010

Seriously?!? Seriously!!!

So yesterday I was driving to the doctor to get my 4th fill (more on that later) and my mom called to ask me a question. It went something like this...

Me: Hello?
Mom: Hi honey...can I ask you a question?
Me: Sure...(Had I known what she was about to ask me I would faked a traffic accident and hung up)
Mom: Do you feel comfortable talking to me about our (my mom and dad's) sex life?
Me: (After some mental freaking out and trying not to have an actual accident) Ummm....sure?

Now I have to give you a little history so you can understand why she would probably even bring this up with me. My dad was diagnosed about 5 years ago with a disease similiar to Parkansins but it has several other mental and physical complications that are slowly eating away at his quality of life. So my mom and I are kind of going through this journey together and we talk about EVERYTHING that is going on with my dad so that we can make sure we are meeting his needs and staying on top of his symptoms as best we can....so keeping that in mind, as much as I wanted to say "My eyes are burning with the mental pictures this is creating and I will be forever scarred if this conversation continues!!!!!" I said "Ummmm...sure?"

We then proceeded to have a very clinical, well as clinical as I could make it, conversation that included but was not limited to the following topics: vibrators, lube, oral sex, and sex toy catalogs. Now keep in mind that my mother is a prude...very straight laced and does NOT talk about sex. She won't even talk to her own sister about it...which just leaves me. It was horribly eye opening and I don't know if I will recover...or if my mom will because she sure learned some new stuff about me too. ;) OMG!!! Ok...I feel better now that I have shared that experience...kind of.

Now about the fill. This was my fourth fill and it brought me up to 7cc in and 11cc band. I have been doing liquids all day yesterday and will try some mushies tonight. Here's hoping for some better restriction. I can kind of tell a difference already with water. It definitely goes down slower so maybe this is it! Hope everyone has a great weekend. I am working on a more detailed post about me and my history with food, fat, and weight loss but it is taking me a while. I really am trying to take my time and reflect on where I have been so that I will never go back there again!

And since I like pictures...
Here is a picture of me the smallest I can remember. It was about 6 years ago and I believe I weighed about 200 lbs. Can't wait to get back there.

5 comments:

kagead said...

LOL! I had to laugh at this. A few years back, I had a similar (although not NEARLY as detailed) conversation with my mother. She is widowed and I have been single since the dinosaurs roamed the earth so you can imagine all too well how that discussion went.

Good luck on the fill! I got one on Thursday that brought me to 7.5 in an 11, so we're about the same. Here's to hoping it works for us both!

Sam said...

OMG!! I could not image having that conversation with my mother:)

Good luck with the fill.

Linda said...

WOW - you are a brave woman! I know I'm an adult but I pretend that my mom and Dad adopted all of us and have a platonic relationship.
I hope your fill gets you where you need to be with restriction.

DiZneDiVa said...

My Mom and I talk about everything and I got her her first vibrator for Mother's Day... a gift that keeps giving... but when she talks about her and my Dad(passed away in 2003) it still sorta freaks me out... but I would never tell her that. I am just glad that I can be there for her... *Maria*-Blogger from "This one time at BAND Camp..." Check out my blog at mybigfatbandgeeklife.blogspot.com

Read said...

I'm reading your blog from the beginning so there could be a few comments... but OMG this was funny!!! My mom once, out of the blue said that she found that if she was getting too tired while driving, she'd found that masturbating helped her stay awake. Seriously mom, did I really need to know that???