Case in point: I had a coupon for a free pizza from Papa Murphy's (they are like a take and bake pizza place, really, really good) So I picked up my thin crust vegetarian, brought it home and baked it. After one piece I was full. Not I'm going to PB full, but full. So what did I do? I went and got another piece....and ate it. Then I thought to myself. OK, it's time to stop and I didn't have another piece until 45 minutes later. When I started for my fourth piece I decided I had better do something about this situation...
Oh no she didn't!!!! Oh yes she did!!! I threw that pizza away. Restriction only works if you can STOP FREAKING EATING. And I was pretty sure I wasn't going to stop. I could have gone on eating one piece every 45 minutes or so until I had made myself sick and then what would have been learned? Although throwing the food away maybe only taught me that I should never cook a pizza just for me. I hate wasting food, but it was either me or the pizza, and I choose me.
(And my neighbor saw me taking pictures of my trash, hence the title of my post)
Tomorrow is the first day of school, although I have been back to work since the middle of July. I am excited to get the kiddos back in the building and get down to business. I have new dress for the first day and I will take pics and post them soon.


5 comments:
Thanks for following my blog and leaving a comment. Now I'm following you! I think throwing away the pizza was a good idea. Of course your neighbor would catch you taking a picture - sounds like something that would happen to me.
i am glad you got to enjoy some pizza... i always get stuck if I try it. Moderation is the hard part but we'll get there. *Maria*-Blogger from "This one time at BAND Camp..." Check out my blog at mybigfatbandgeeklife.blogspot.com
Got to love the fact that you can throw it out now, think back to before surgery, was there any chance at all that you would have done that?!? :)
Now we (and I include myself in this statement because this is something I am also still trying to get through my think head); we just need to learn to not get the pizza unless it is to be shared with lots of people:)
Great job just throwing that crap away in the trash! That's the way to do it!!!
Christine
www.phoenixrevolution.net
I have a hard time throwing away food too, but sometimes it has to be done.
Post a Comment