but the scale and I have been getting along lately. (And as sure as I am typing this, it probably won't be true this week.) It seems I lost 4.4 lbs. this week which puts me at 247.6lbs. I have to give credit to training for the half marathon and the nice fill that I got two Friday's ago. I think I am at my sweet spot. Sometimes I am a little too tight in the mornings, but I think as I lose more weight I will settle into this restriction. I can really only eat about 4 oz at at time which I was surprised to find that I had a hard time with. I mean, I have been eating small amounts, but I guess I have been eating closer to 6 oz than 4 oz. Who knew that 2 measly oz would make such a difference. I have had two PBs out at restaurants this last week which leads me to the other part of my post...
I was on the phone with one of my good friends who knows about the band and who also happens to have been at both of the dinners I was at when I had to PB. Most people wouldn't have even known what happened but because she is my friend and because she asked if I was ok, I told her. Well yesterday, we were out at the same birthday party (which happens to be right next door to my favorite cupcake place) and I had been planning on getting a cupcake from there instead of eating the birthday cake. I planned for this cupcake, like watched calories, worked out, and planned for this cupcake. So I got it to go because I knew I probably wouldn't be able to eat all of it. So back to the phone conversation on the way home with my friend. She asked if I got the cupcake and I said yes. Then she said, well you probably won't be able to eat all of it since it is so big and I said I know but I can just save it for later. Then she said well you can always just throw it up and keep on eating.....What?!? After 6 months of watching me go this this new journey is that all that she thinks I am doing? Is that all she thinks this is about? It made me sad but I couldn't talk to her about it because I had people in the car with me who didn't know about the band so I am going to have to talk to her today.
It is crazy how people react to this whole process. And it is proof that people affect my emotions and reactions entirely too much. I guess I just need to get a thicker skin or something.

9 comments:
Sorry she said that, but glad you plan on talking to her about it. I've found it so interesting to be asked so many questions about the band since i've told people i did it. Don't beat yourself up for being upset about her reaction..... use it as an opportunity to educate her and i'm sure if she's your true friend she'll 'get it' and become one of your biggest supporters
Congrats on the weightloss and your sweet spot! I'm at my sweet spot too and it's awesome!!!
Breanne
www.ladylapband.blogspot.com
We wouldn't hate you for your scale successes, we would only say yipee!!! As for the friend, that is sad and I'm glad you're going to talk to her. Hopefully, she'll get it and you can both move on from there. Good luck with that!
I am shaking my head.
This is just one of the reasons that our little community here is so important. It is hard for our friends and family to understand, even when they want to. Sorry!
WTG with the loss! Some people aren't up to speed on what the band means. Not everyone did the research we did, try to be patient.
Nice loss!!! As for your friend, all I can say is "wow." Just wow. It's amazing that no matter how many times you try to explain how the band works to people, some still just don't "get it." I'm sorry you need to have that conversation with her. I hope she's receptive to the feedback.
Oh dear! That would upset me. I don't even have the band yet and I've had a few comments like that. BUT I am glad you are going to talk to her and educate her in how the band works and why you MIGHT PB. I think she will be receptive! Let her know how happy you are that she supports you and that will make her feel good too!
Wow, I never thought about someone having the reaction that your friend had. Maybe she doesn't understand and her kind of sarcastic reaction was really her being concerned for you? I dunno...she definitely needs to understand what is really going on tho... Congrats on the moving scale! We don't hate - we celebrate! (yes, that rhymed and it was suuuper cheesy...forgive me)
Wow, I can only shake my head at your friend. Congrats on the weight loss, me and you are weighing the same right about now. Keep up the good work!
Post a Comment