Thursday, October 28, 2010

A Cookie the Size of My FACE!!!!!

I had one of these today....


....and some cheetos

and a pimento cheese sandwich (with the bread!).....

oh and I had one (two) slices of this amazing red velvet cake
(my two pieces barely equaled the size of one of these but I couldn't find a pic smaller)

....and a mini Coke.


It was over the course of 4 hours so I wouldn't call it a binge....but is was definitely an emotional response to some crazy work stress. I even made plans to go out after work to have nachos...NACHOS!!!! I called on the drive to the restaurant and told my friend that I wasn't hungry so I wouldn't be able to meet her. I haven't been hungry the rest of the evening. I think I will have a popsicle in a little bit and just call it a day.

I have to be honest....this was kind of scary. It happened without thinking. I am happy that I was able to finally recognize what I was doing and make a decision to stop. My fear though, is that next time I won't stop, I won't recognize that I have slipped back into some bad eating habits and I'll go off the deep end.

But today I stopped...so there's hope for tomorrow.

10 comments:

Joey said...

It happens. The important thing is that you noticed it and blogged it instead of hiding it :)

I so would have gotten stuck on that sandwich!

Bianca said...

The key thing is that you acknowleged it and stopped. I believe that you'll recognize it if it starts to happen again. We all have those days, but it's one day and we'll do better tomorrow.

P.S. I've never had red velvet cake, it looks scrumptious.

Read said...

You're human. You noticed it and you stopped and you will next time too. Or maybe next time you'll notice it and not stop - that too will just make you human. You get to make bad food decisions once in a while whether you're 500lbs or 130. It's what you do afterwards that's the key. And you acknowledged that it wasn't something you wanted to continue doing and you stopped and then on top of that you blogged about it instead of sweeping it under the rug as would have been very easy to do. Don't be too hard on yourself.

Bonnie said...

Damn work!

Angela said...

I agree with Bonnie. I will add that. I am proud of you for realizing it. You give me hope that I can figure out when I'm being bad too.

Sam said...

I am glad you were able to recognise it, that means you have a better chance of not letting it happen again.

Jen said...

Kudos to your for being honest about it and blogging. You recognized it and stopped it. Just b/c we have a band doesn't mean we instantly stop behaviors we've had our whole lives. Stress eating used to be a big one for me. Now, not so much. It takes time (and a few PB's - UGH) to change behavior.
Today you'll do better. I know you will.

Amanda Kiska said...

I have had a few times where I felt like my eating was out of control since I was banded. It happens. You're forgiven. You can move on.

MLM said...

angela...been there/done that..it happens..I'm like you though and get so frustrated...the difference is though that you recognize what you did and more importantly how it made you feel...we can't let days like that stop us and you are doing sooo great...I have been following you and cheering for you from behind the scenes. I just wrote my first post after awhile and i really wanted to thank you..I saw your comment a few days ago, after reading blogs but not commenting...it meant so much to me and was the last little kick i needed..you don't even know..thanks so much....i know that you and I can do it and for every day like you had and we will have, there will be better days ahead..hope you had a good weekend.

MandaPanda said...

The fact that you were able to stop is HUGE!!! It often takes me until the end of the day to finally put an end to the madness and make a vow to do better in the morning. Take that as a victory.