Thursday, January 5, 2012

Here's the Deal....

So to say that I am beyond frustrated would be an understatement. Last January, I experienced some pretty severe tightness with an inability to get anything, including fluids, down and after some tests, it ended up with me having a slipped band and having all of my fluid removed. The remedy was to wait a week, see if the band moved back (which it did) and then start slowly refilling the band. In June, things started to get tight again and so I went in for an unfill and from June until now I probably did this about 4 or 5 times. This last time, the PA said we needed to go for another Upper GI to check for a slip and indeed it has slipped. So unfill, wait a week, have another upper GI. If it has not moved back then we move to surgical revision. She said I could have popped a stitch and we would just need to repair it. I asked what happened if it wasn't a popped stitch and she said that they would remove the band but not to think about that right now.

I am at a loss right now. I have been struggling with losing weight since October. I have been working out 6 days a week, 3 bootcamp, 3 running a minimum of 3 miles each time. I have stayed between 1100 - 1200 calories and I only lost 3 pounds. So frustration has been with me for a while. Maybe this is the answer as to why I haven't been losing.

So here I sit waiting for my second upper GI. I should find out in the next 45 minutes whether or not the band has moved back in place. If it hasn't, then surgery is on the horizon. If it has, I still have some questions....mainly, how likely is it that this will happen a third time? Who knows. Sorry for the absence from blog world. My days are pretty crazy, I get up, work out, go to work, come home after 8:00 most days and go straight to bed, only to get up and do it all over again. Will let you know how the upper GI goes.





9 comments:

trishajo said...

so sorry girl... hugs and prayers that things turn out alright. and you finally get some answers...

Amanda Kiska said...

How frustrating! I'm so sorry for all this mess. Keep us posted.

Kristin said...

You are most certainly in my thoughts and prayers!

Love you!

Sarah said...

Hoping for the best for you!

MandaPanda said...

I'm so sorry you're having to go through this again. ((HUGS))

Darlin1 said...

NO FAIR!!!!! Wishing you the best!

Justawallflower said...

So sorry to hear this. I hope everything works out and no surgery is needed.

Sandy said...

I hope you get good news. Thinking about you!

Sarah G said...

You have been through so much! I hope it works out!!