Monday, January 16, 2012

The Date Has Been Set...

Pending insurance approval, I will be having surgery in one week to fix my slipped band, and if it can't be fixed....then they will take it out. I am a very odd combination of freaked and calm. My dream would be for them to fix it and I never have another problem for the next 40 years of my life, but in my heart of hearts, I am so scared that it will not work out the way I want.

There is a plan here and as much as I fight it, it is His plan, not mine. So all I can do is pray and keep with the course. Bootcamp tomorrow morning, and a 3 mile run on Wednesday. Keep my calories in check and just keep going. I did drown my sorrow and smother my fears with a blizzard, but it stops now. I am no longer that girl. I will not be gaining back 120 lbs. with or without my band, but I prefer with.

Thanks for your thoughts and encouragement. It means the world to me. I will be blogging each day this week to keep myself accountable for food and workouts. It is the best way to keep myself from old habits, especially since I have NO restriction right now.

I hope everyone has a great rest of the week and let me be the cautionary tale. If you are too tight, GO TO THE DOCTOR!!!!

11 comments:

Dawnya said...

His will be done!! This will all workout. The fact that you are staying the course on your health and fitness goals shows that you learned a lot during your journey.

I will keep you in my prayers. This too shall pass.

Love ya!!

Laura Belle said...

Thinking of you!! It'll all work out, I promise!
HUGS!

MandaPanda said...

I'm sure this is very scary but I know that no matter what happens, you'll still be successful and able to keep the weight off. We're all here for you. ((HUGS))

Kristin said...

I am so sorry to hear this, and of course you are in my prayers. I certainly hope that they can fix it and it does not have to be removed.

I know how hard you have worked and I know you will continue to work hard to not go backwards.

We love you and are all here for you!

Jacquie said...

I will pray that they can fix it but... In the event they have to remove it, have you given any thought to revision to VSG?

Lap Band Gal said...

Sending you lots of good vibes and all my fingers and toes are crossed (eyes too).

HUGS! :)

Justawallflower said...

I am so sorry! My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Amanda Kiska said...

That stinks! Keep us posted.

Jen said...

You are in my heart today and I'll be thinking of you. ((Hugs))

Sam said...

Thinking of you, I hope the insurance comes through and the surgery goes well.

Angela said...

I have actually. I would have gone that route the first time if it weren't for insurance. If I lose my band I will investigate self pay VSG for sure.