So I am on a retreat with some of my best girlfriends this weekend. Some of us arrived last night (me) and the rest will come in today. I am very excited because I could soooo use a break from work. However, it is currently 5:54 in the morning and I am WIDE AWAKE. I would like to go and get my run completed for the day, but we are in the middle of nowhere with gravel roads and no street lights so I don't think I will be headed out until the sun comes up.
ALSO, about an hour ago, I got a text from one of my friends who couldn't be here this weekend and her water broke and they are on the way to the hospital to have their second little guy, Noah. I am very excited for her but a little freaked out because she wasn't supposed to have that baby until later today with a scheduled c-section and I don't have my camera charged (and I can't find my charger). I am supposed to go up there later and do the first day pics and capture Jack's (older brother's) reaction when he first sees Noah.
And so I just sit here....waiting for the sun....waiting for Noah....and waiting for my friend Robin to wake up so I can borrow her charger....surely she brought hers!
As far as band related stuff goes, I am doing ok. I didn't lose any weight last week. Could have been the cake I had on Saturday....and Sunday. I am really trying to work my band at the restriction level that I have currently but it is getting to be pretty difficult. I did end up getting an unfill a few weeks back because I really was too tight but now....I don't know. I am scheduled for next Wednesday so I will really pay attention to portion size and protein and see how I feel. I know I am looser because I can eat bread and I haven't been able to do that for months. I have started going to carbs now because I can (and I LOVE them) and they don't keep me full as long as protein does. So....sticking to proteins to see if I still have a lot of hunger or if I am just eating the wrong foods.
I hope everyone has a great weekend!!!!! Friday has never looked so good.

3 comments:
I hate being up early waiting to get the day started. I woke up abruptly (I'm guessing some dream I don't remember was involved) at 4:30 this morning and couldn't go back to sleep - totally annoying. I hope you have a FANTASTIC weekend away, you deserve it!
So jealous! Sounds like u have a wonderful weekend planned! I was also up at 4 30, but infortunately that is the time my alarm goes off! Enjoy ur weekend!
Sounds wonderful...it is great that you woke up and wanted to run...I hope you got to go running later and that you found a charger.
Post a Comment