So I am still at the half way point. I know that what I am going through right now is totally mental. I have had some success and then I start to sabotage myself. I have stopped running (EEK! cue crazy magic carpet), I have not been eating well, and I had an unfill several weeks ago that has left me with the ability to eat many things that I shouldn't be eating. So the questions is why am I eating those things? I should be making good choices and then stopping at 1 cup or 6 oz of food....but I don't. Now, I am not gaining and I am not eating out of control like I have in the past but I am not making the kinds of choices that I should. I have an appointment tomorrow for a fill so that may help me as well....but I really don't want a big one....just like .1 or so.
I need to remind myself that this isn't about losing the weight fast (although that is fun) it is about losing it for good. So the slow periods are just something I am going to have get used to. Although I know that who I am is not defined by how much I weigh, it is hard to wrap my brain around. I need to work on my inner voice and stop beating myself up.
Everyday can be a fresh start. It is just harder said then done.
Everyone has gone through this right?

5 comments:
I think (unbanded currently) that losing the weight fast is every girls dream! I think that once you start losing and it is coming off quickly it is hard to think of it any other way! However you are right, the goal is to take it off for good! But you are doing it! That is the best thing of all!
Banded or unbanded, everyone goes through periods of slow or no weight loss. Here's the bright side (if you want to see it), you know why it's slow. You said you're not making the right food choices and you've stopped running. I think it's more frustrating when you're doing everything you're supposed to be doing and the scale still don't move. At least in your case, you know you can take steps to improve. Good luck!
A fresh start!
Most definitely I've been there Angela. For me at times it was good to simply just switch my goal to maintaining and being good to myself. It relieved a lot of pressure and even led to a bit of weight loss or wanting to get out and move. There's still quite a bit of time until the race. Hang in there.
You have done great and don't forget that. Don't minimize your successes...What helps me is to try something new like a class, a different walking path, a different recipe or some pampering. Take care of yourself...All your feelings are normal...
Post a Comment