Sunday, November 14, 2010

No Crying in Hair Salons!

So....I got my hair cut, and there were no tears. Yay! I didn't go as short as I was first imagining but baby steps are probably the safest way to go.

So 5 and 1/2 inches later.....

This was the final product. It is just like a mini version of my old haircut so I think that is why I am not freaking out. 

This was before.....
(it was actually a couple inches longer than this shot)

And here is another after....
Notice how my hair rests gently on my newly found COLLAR BONES!!!
Holla for the Colla(r)....bones. :)

I am headed to Austin tomorrow to accept an award for my school and then participate in some drinking on 6th street. I haven't had a drink in several months so send me some good vibes that I don't drink so much that I lose all common sense and eat all the chips and salsa in Austin. And for those of you who don't have an educator in your life, let me just inform you that we can DRINK! So watch out Austin, here we come!

PS - I sent my weight in to Kristen for the Holiday Challenge....did you?

13 comments:

Justawallflower said...

I LOVE it! That is awesome! And try to enjoy yourself tomorrow!

Brooke said...

You look GORGEOUS. I love the cut and am suffering intense hair jealousy over glossy locks! It's like a pantene commercial.

Heather said...

I like it. It looks some much more lively and fun! Have fun in Austin. My parents live there and they tell me that 6th street is great.

Liz said...

The hair looks great! I need a haircut - think I will get it done this week. You've inspired/given me the kick in the butt I need!

Read said...

The hair looks fantastic!! The collar bones are amazing! I hope you have a blast in Austin and congratulations on your award!

Stephanie M. said...

Ooooh, you look so pretty! Have a great trip.

Linda said...

I love it! It's very cute - I'm jealous of your thick hair, I have lost a ton.

Bonnie said...

Looks great. Very stylish. Sending good vibes for fun drinking - but not TOO FUN! I have sent in my weight - thanks for reminder.

Fluffy said...

Your hair looks great! Glad to see you didn't decide to go blonde. : ) (Hi collar bones!)

I also had long hair - down to the middle of my back. Went short like it is now at some point in my jorney too. Made me feel sassy! Congrats on the award. Have fun on 6th (jealous!)

Rachel said...

I think your hair accentuates your face and that the style is adorable. The shorter hair attracts more attention to your cute face! By the way, I can see the weight loss in your face. You look great.

Theresa said...

Love the hair! And, man do I love Austin, have fun and have one for me!

Amanda Kiska said...

I love the new 'do! Your hair is beautiful and shiny and healthy, but the shorter cut looks more modern.

MLM said...

Hair is so cute!