Saturday, November 27, 2010

Completed My 1st 10K!!! Woot!

I finished my first 10K this morning.

1 hr and 32 min later I was done and didn't vomit.

I met my goal of staying under a 15 minute mile. And although I was the last one to finish the 10k, I was not the last one to cross the finish line. A 5k started 30 minutes after us so I was able to pass some elderly people, a few small children, and a girl on crutches (not kidding) as I finished. But I am done! Hopefully this will light the fire under my butt to get me to recommit to my training and get ready for the 1/2 marathon in February.



I am off to take a nap....and am hoping to regain the feeling in my thighs. :)

11 comments:

Rachel said...

That is great!!! Woot Wot back at you~!

Jen said...

good job!!! Congrats!

Nicole said...

Congrats!! Great accomplishment

Camille said...

That is a great accomplishment. Way to go!!

Justawallflower said...

Wow, good for you! I am so excited for you, and look forward to doing my own in about 40 more pounds or so!

Lap Band Gal said...

WOW!

Brooke said...

Congrats, what an amazing accomplishment. So happy for you.

I hope you know how strong you are!

Sam said...

Congrats on your run :o)

Erica125 said...

Congrats! You finished the race and thats all that matters! Must be such a great feeling!!!

MandaPanda said...

Wahoo! What an accomplishment! I've read that for your first 10k or half marathon that you shouldn't worry about what time you finish in...just that you finish. Great job!

Patrick said...

Whoohooo for not puking! WHOOHOOO for finishing! Well done :-)

Nice Blog!