Hard! and I think it dragged me a few miles as well.
I ate yesterday. A lot. I ate when I wasn't hungry. I ate just to fill the time. I ate to avoid stress. I ate to make myself feel better. I ate when I KNEW I shouldn't and then I just did it anyway. It wasn't a great day. Just know that even after a year, I am still having to work on the mental part of this process. The difference is going to be what I do today. Will I start fresh? or Will I continue the pattern? That is what I need to use to judge my progress. So for those of you who are struggling out there, know that although not all of my posts talk about this (and maybe more of them should), I struggle every single day to make good food choices and yesterday I was not successful.
We shall see how today goes!
Happy Wednesday (Hopefully)

7 comments:
Yep. Me, too. 18 months later. It really is 90% a head game, isn't it?
xoxoxo
I had one of those days this past Saturday. I'm only 10 weeks (today) post op so I was thinking this would go away. Thank you for sharing your struggle with me though so I know it's something that I need to always be aware of.
Monday was bad for me. All around. I ate chips and guacamole...and never slowed down. However we know what we have to do and I don think it will always be a struggle but we can do it!
Your honesty is a brave thing and really helps all of us out here. I truly believe you're going to have a better day today, a better week--and look out June! Wishing you a month of happy healthy choices and progress toward your goals.
I was talking to a friend last night about how hard it is for me to "get back on the wagon." When I'm on the wagon, I'm on it and it's almost easy. But when I fall, I go all out and fall BIG TIME and then it takes me awhile to get back up. If you can fall and then get back up the very next day, kudos to you! I'm just not there yet...oh but how I wish I was.
Today is a new day, fresh start. Forgive yourself and move on! :)
I am almost at 2yrs and am still struggle with the mental capacity. I think we always will......I don't think we can ever get rid of it all together. So long as you don't stop trying all together you will be just fine!!
Breanne
www.ladylapband.com
Post a Comment