Thursday, May 5, 2011

I Am So Hungry

Three weeks ago, I made an appointment for a small fill. I was looking to tweak just a little of my restriction because although my mornings were really good, I could eat just about everything in the evenings so I just wanted a smidge of a fill. Well I had to wait a week for that appointment and during that time, my band started to tighten up. So much so that I was starting to have some heartburn almost every evening. And ever since my band slipped back at the beginning of the year, I am a little paranoid. So I went ahead and went to the appointment but did not get a fill. We talked about where I was restriction wise and the heartburn really was the determining factor for not getting another fill.

So now, two weeks after that appointment, I am super tight. For the last three days I have had heartburn everyday and it does not go away with the pepcid. I am also having a hard time drinking water and protein shakes are out. So....in I go for an unfill. I don't understand this band at all. I am at 5.25 and at one point last year I was at 7 cc and did great.

Part of me says to wait it out and see if it loosens up, but that was what I did last time and I ended up with a slipped band. Am I losing weight? Yes. Am I doing it the right way? No. I should be able to eat good solid protein and that is so not happening right now. Am I scared that if I go get an unfill, I will lose the good restriction I had before? Yes. But after having this band with me for a year, I am realizing more and more that this isn't a diet. This is a way of life...a change of life and I need to be able to live with my eating habits for the rest of my life.  This isn't healthy, plus who knows what kind of damage all this heartburn is doing to my stoma as we speak. So unfill here I come.

I am not upset about the situation, this is an on going process. The journey to a normal weight is going to be filled with ups and downs and trial and error. And as a control freak,:)  I need to be ok with that. So wish me luck! I hope the fill will be tiny and the heartburn will be gone!

And since I feel naked without a picture on my posts, here is a random picture of my new headband.

8 comments:

Beth Ann said...

I'm sorry about the looseness/tightness issue. That has to be beyond frustrating. I hope it rights itself for you.

Adorable headband!!

Theresa said...

I hope this unfill works for you! You look precious!

Island Bandit said...

i was exactly where you were a few weeks ago. I knew i was too tight because of the constant burping, the reflux at night that kept and even woke me up and the miniscule amounts of food and liquids I was able to consume. Yes. the number on the scale was plummeting. but this wasn't how i wanted to lose weight. Also, I'm getting close to goal and I need to figure out how I'll maintain once I get there.
I had my slight unfill and immedaitely could eat. and eat i did. I also ate a lot of crap that i was eating before, but now I could eat more of it.
So.... after watching the scale bounce up and down a couple of pounds, I'm back in control and realising that if I eat my solid proteins, I still do have adequate restriction.
Good for you for doing the right thing and taking control.

Amanda said...

you are flipping adorable!!

I am eating enough I think! But it has been a struggle this week for sure!

Good for you for listening to your body!

Jacquie said...

After all my drama with my band in January and total unfil, I was perplexed when my doc started filling me up and I was feeling restriction at a much lower fill level. When I asked him why you can be absolutely fine restriction-wise and than all of a sudden start having heart-burn and the tightening. His answer was that the band actually does some 'settling' as we lose weight and this causes the band to tighten around our Stoma. Makes sense to me.

I am now at 1.6 cc's in my 4 cc band and will probably only have another .2 or .3 cc's put back in based on my restriction level. At the top of my fill level, I was at 2.7 and then the sh*t hit the fan so to speak. I am glad you are going in for a slight unfil. Heart burn is a very bad sign.

MandaPanda said...

I've been dying to get a headband with a big flower! I'm just not sure it would look right on me...Anyhoo... you're hungry because you can't eat good, solid protein. Get an unfill, eat real food and feel so much better!

Jen said...

You've made the right decision and I love your outlook about it. Seems that what Jacquie's Dr. said makes total sense.
You are just TOO CUTE with the flower headband. I LOVE those!!!
I think you need to come and give me a style makeover. Pretty please!?

♥ Drazil ♥ said...

Seriously - I can't read your blog anymore. You're too cute so I'm too jealous. Okay fine - I'll be back...but I'm still gonna be jealous.