There has been lots of drama in my life not just related to my band since before thanksgiving. And I am still working through a lot of it. One big piece is work but I really can't go into that here due to confidentiality just suffice it to say I really hate being a supervisor sometimes.
The other piece that I am working through right now has to do with my father. I've written about him before, but long story short he was diagnosed with a terminal illness about 7 years ago and we are starting to have conversations about moving to hospice care.
This has been a trigger for a lot of the food choices I have been making over the last three days. Combined with not being able to do boot camp, this has resulted in a three pound gain. Once I get cleared to work out those will go away.
So moving forward towards gaining control, I have chosen not to eat anymore of the chocolate hidden away in the supply closet outside my office. I will focus on small healthy snacks and meals.
Thank you all for believing that I can do this, even when I don't believe it myself.
And here's my bathroom mirror picture for the day.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

14 comments:
The stress of life always leaves us feeling like we are doing something/everything wrong.
You are not!!
My heart hurts for you and your family right now. I will keep you in my prayers.
Call me if you just need to vent. You know I will listen..and then I will make you laugh.
Love you!!!
I am so sorry to hear about your dad - I actually just posted that my dad's 1 year anniversary is coming up, and I am all too familiar with those conversations you're starting to have. Please please please reach out if you need someone to talk to! I am always here.
As far as the control...I understand why it's so important, but you have to know that you are not failing if you let go a bit. There are bigger things at play here.
Sending you and your family lots of love, hugs and prayers.
Been a while since I have been to the blogs, I forgot what a motivational and inspirational place this is. Reading your post reminds me that we all struggle with very human issues. Your pic looks awesome, keep up the good work both physicaly and emotionally!!!
So sorry to hear of your father's health, he is lucky to have you in his life. HUGS
PS: Love the AWESOME outfit glamour girl!
So sorry about your dad, angel. Hospices give an amazing level of care and support though, and they manage pain better there too. I hope that will take some of the pressure off you. Good thoughts and wishes for you and your family! xo
The fact that my dad and I ended every conversation with I love you gave me a lot of comfort when we lost him so suddenly. You cannot say those words enough. (hugs) to you and your family during the upcoming weeks.
The fact that my dad and I ended every conversation with I love you gave me a lot of comfort when we lost him so suddenly. You cannot say those words enough. (hugs) to you and your family during the upcoming weeks.
Angela, I am so happy you blogged today. I personally think it's a great way to deal with all those feelings. And I completely relate to eating those feelings. I just blogged about the exact same thing last week.
I am sorry about your father. Loss is hard. My heart goes out to you.
I will say prayers for your dad.
Again, you've acknowledged a lot in this post. I hope it helps you to continue to move forward in a positive way.
Sandra
Stress can definitely affect us in so many ways but recognizing that you need to get all that under control and in perspective is half the battle. So sorr to hear about your dad. ((HUGS))
Look at you hotty! Love the outfit!
BTW, I know exactly how your feeling about your dad. I think you know about mine, that died of cancer almost 2 years ago. It's so rough and hard and just horrible. I'm thinking of you and if you ever need to talk you just let me know!
You look great... and I pray that you and your family get through these trying times with your father and his illness. And work is always a big stress. It will get better though. :)
I'm so sorry you're having to go through all this, Angela. You can call/text me any time the stress gets to be too much and I'll lend an ear.
And I love the bathroom pic, you're fabulous as usual. :)
I'm sorry you're having to go through all this. These kinds of things make it so much harder to lose weight, but I believe in you and I know you can do it!
:(
I'm sorry and sad about your pops. But your extreme cuteness makes me slightly less sad. (also slightly jealous) Kisses, my love!
Post a Comment