Sunday, January 23, 2011

Update - bullet style

Dr. Appointment
- everything with the band is fine, it moved back into place
- I only got 2 cc's but will be going back in two weeks for my next fill
- I weigh 1/2 lb less when I weighed in ( I was SHOCKED)

Half Marathon
- I have been afraid of not being able to complete the half marathon
- I didn't run at all during November or December
- I decided that I would train with intention of walking the whole thing
- I have been really committed to it since the beginning of January (but the doubts were still there)
- today I did 7 miles and felt like i could have kept going :)
- I am walking a 15 minute mile with consistency on my long walks
- I am walking a 14 minute mile with consistency during the week
- my goal is to finish and I need to accept that I do not have the stamina to run for 13 miles...yet
- the voice in my head can do more damage than anything else and I have to work very hard to
silence it
-I timed myself on my walk today and promised myself that I wouldn't look at the timer until the halfway point. It needed to be 52 min at the halfway point. It was 51:20 and I have never felt better about myself than I did at that moment...and for the first time since I signed up for this half marathon, I actually believed that I can do this.

Karma
- I am one of the closeted bandsters. I told my boss that I would be having gallbladder surgery.
- I now may possibly have to have my gallbladder out. Karma's a bitch!

Thanks for all your great comments and support during this whole craziness. I am so grateful to have this group of supporters. I wouldn't know what to do without you!








- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

5 comments:

Linda said...

So glad everything is good an your band's in place. I used Gallblader as my excuse too and always wondered what would happen if I had to have it out. Maybe say it's your appendix?? or a hernia? That's my plan.

Rachel said...

Legally and ethically you are not obligated to go into detail regarding your medical procedure.
You are taking your own personal leave so its none of their business. I applaud your running...that is cool!

Anonymous said...

I am so glad to hear that the band is back in place and that you have a little fill. I used hiatal hernia as my surgery excuse, saved the gallbladder for any repeats! But you can always go with the HH it is laprascopic as well and easily explains surgery. Way to go with your half marathon goal, that is awesome!

Rhonda said...

Sounds like you're doing great work. I wouldn't be able to do a half marathon at my current fitness level (i.e. - ZERO), so I applaud you!!

Anyway, just wanted to let you know I have an award for you on my blog. :)

MandaPanda said...

So happy to hear that your band moved back into place. Hopefully you can get back to a good place restricionwise soon. I'm training for a half marathon as well but giving myself a year to prepare. It's a really daunting task but YOU CAN DO IT!