Tuesday, January 11, 2011

More Details...

I couldn't explain all of this on the phone because you know...the whole vagina doctor visit was getting in the way. So here in detail is what my PA explained to me today when I went back to the office.
Here's the fabulous lap band. So you see how the band is angled? Well mine is no longer angled it goes straight across and has a little bit of the stomach on the right pulled up through it. So it is not "slipped" as in pulled the whole stomach through, but it has moved.

There's a little more detail for those of you who wanted it. So now the waiting game begins. It is so hard to not console myself with food right now....and even harder knowing that I could actually eat it if I wanted to. I think I will do some retail therapy instead. Thanks for all the sweet comments. I know I can get through this...I don't have a choice. :)

6 comments:

Bonnie said...

That really sucks, but glad it's not a total slip. You've done great with your weight loss and this little bump won't derail you. Hang in there.

Erica125 said...

Wow, you've had quite a day. The good news is that you only have to be unfilled for a week. It could have been worse...like a month! Try to stay positive. Keep blogging and we'll all help you through this week. You won't gain it all back, but I can imagine how you feel. Hope you're better after retail therapy!!!

Erica

Lap Band Gal said...

hang in there... {{HUGS}}

♥ Drazil ♥ said...

You absolutely will get through this and you're not alone.

MandaPanda said...

I'm so sorry you're dealing with this! Sounds like your PA caught it early and after a week, you'll be good as new. Don't worry - impossible to gain 90 lbs in a week! Hang in there! Remember - we're all here for you. Even if you have to post every 15 minutes not to drown your sorrows in food...it's OK.

Nella said...

I just read...hang in there! It will all work out! One day at a time!