Saturday, December 4, 2010

I Have Angered the Band...

This last week my band has felt like it has had a vice grip on my stomach. I have been having a hard time eating my yogurt in the morning, can normally eat it by 10:00 so I know it is loosening up a bit as the day goes on but yesterday I was stuck on a piece of turkey from about 11:00 until 2:00 when I pb'd in my office.

Today, I got stuck on some potato chips (I know, I know) but ended up pb'ing the chips in the middle of one of my photo sessions. I handed the camera to the mom and said hold on a minute. Ran around the side of the house, pb'd and went on with the session. I'm a professional I tell you!

I am flying out to Atlanta tomorrow and I am afraid that it is going to be tricky. I think I am going to do liquids tomorrow to give it a chance to rest. I reallly hate being tight, and am always scared of doing damage. So my question is how long do you think I should wait before getting an unfill? The last time I was too tight I couldn't keep anything down and pb'd everything but liquids. I think I read once that someone's band got tighter when they flew...anyone experience this?

And since I might as well throw in an NSV here, I bought a new coat today. Size 16. :)

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Look at those skinny ankles and cute shoes!

Amanda said...

I agree, cute shoes and skinny ankles! And I love the coat! Putting coat buying off myself so I will live through your purchase! Not sure I can give advice on the pbing and unfills but I wish you luck! Hope you enjoy Atlanta.

Island Bandit said...

you look way smaller than a 16 that's for sure!!!! my band and I have been fighting since friday when I tested it with something I knew wouldn't go down.... it's clearly irritated and tonights attempt at solids for dinner a few hours ago still hurt...nthink I'm going to try liquids only tomorrow to try and let it settle down..... let us know if yours settles

Justawallflower said...

that is a gorgeous coat! As silly as it sounds, that is one of my goals, to buy a really nice stylish coat, one that doesn't make me look like a marshmallow!

Libby said...

Great coat!

I just flew back and forth to San Francisco and found that flying did in fact make my band tighter. Good luck!

Jacquie said...

The reason you feel like your band is tighter when flying is because of fluid retention. Drink lots of water during and after the flight (I know it sounds counter-productive but it works!)

P said...

Adorable coat and jeans and shoes!!! Good luck with the flight...keep the fluids up!!

Janelle said...

You are looking great and that coat is lovely!

Maree said...

Love the coat!

Kristen said...

Is that coat from Macys?!? I think I tried the exact same one on yesterday! I love that style, congrats!

Rachel said...

You look so pretty!

MandaPanda said...

Great coat! I've flown once since being banded and my band was no tighter but I've heard similar stories so I think everyone's different.

Theresa said...

Flying does not affect me, but I do drink tons of water before, during and after all flights. Good luck. My band is so finiky...today I can barely eat, who knows tomorrow. Love the coat.

Lee Ann said...

Adorable outfit, head to toe! Glad you found my blog. I'm following you now. I grew up in Texas but live in Pennsylvania for the time being. :)