Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Drunk Blogging....

Good idea? or Bad? You decide....

So I am almost done with the bottle of wine that I opened about 2 hours ago. So what better to do with myself than to do some blogging! How is y'all doing? I've got the newest fun. album playing on repeat and my arms are really itchy. And I don't want to go to work tomorrow, but I will because I am a rule follower and would never call in because of a hangover.

My mom has been out of town this week so I have been off duty which has been a nice change....except I was supposed to water the plants and I didn't....I don't even water my own plants....I don't have any plants....ha. (because I didn't water them)

Grief is a sneaky little bitch....and it can be triggered by something very small. Today it was my dad's recliner when I picked up the mail for my mom. I curled up in it and had a good cry.

I have not exercised in 7 weeks. I need to. I signed up for bootcamp but didn't go Monday or today. I should probably set some goals about this but not while drinking as I might come up with something like "teach my own zumba class" which would be heartbreaking, as some of you have witnessed, I can't dance....except when I am drunk.....drunk zumba....hmmmm.

Dance break....


I went out to check the mail in my night gown and cowboy boots tonight.....maybe I shouldn't do that anymore... I'm not even drinking good wine. Such a shame....

There are 20 school days left (this does not count weekends) and I am probably more excited about that than the kids and teachers combined.

goals coming soon....sober goals.....thanks for indulging me in this good idea....or bad....you decide :)

13 comments:

Dawnya said...

Drunk blogging is good!!! Especially when you need to get things out.

Grief is sneaky...but let it happen whenever it hits. It's the only way to garner some type of peace.

Crying is like taking your soul to the laundromat...it's required. I love you.

Rachel said...

Love drunk blogging... just happy to see you round these parts... nighties and cowboy boots welcome. xxxx

Gilly said...

I'm a fan of drunk blogging, myself. Wine and I have definitely posted before. And I love that album! It's so original...every song sounds different.

Anyway...*hugs*

Kristin said...

You must do what feels good, if drinking a bottle of whine and then sharing it with us, then do it I say! Now as for checking the mail in your nightgown and cowboy boots just be careful that it does not appear on You Tube LOL

I understand grief very well, and there are no set rules, and you will find you move in and out of the different stages even revisiting some of them over and over.

Hugs we love you!

Jacquie said...

"how is y'all doing?". Ah yes....drunk blogging!

It's funny how you mentioned your dads recliner. My dad also had one and even though Peggy has totally redone the living room since he has died, his recliner is still there. Every time I go there, I just want to curl up in it. I swear, I can still smell him when I do and I feel like he is still here. It will be two years on may 11.... Some days it feels like it was just yesterday that he was here and other days it feels like a lifetime.

MandaPanda said...

I'm lovin' drunk blogging. I may have to try it. Sober goals are probably better but maybe we would all be more coordinated if we did drunk zumba???

Banded Mommy (Angie) said...

I totally need to drunk blog.
I need to get drunk more often lol
I know there are a few of us that need a good kick in the "setting goals" butt. We should all do it together. :)

Andrea said...

I need to try this drunk blogging...haha! And you might be onto something with drunk zumba! :)

Beth Ann said...

Adore you! We need to do dinner...and drinks! Any chance you are free on 5/18?

Rhonda said...

Epic idea. I *used* do it all the time. Don't tell anyone. ;)

Jen said...

New favorite song! Drunk blogging=good! Chair crying=soul cleansing. Hang in there! Only 20 days left. Oh, and now I want you to be my Zumba teacher. How fun would Drunk Zumba be? That may be a money maker!! Better copyright it.

Lap Band Gal said...

GREAT SONG :-)

Joey said...

I love the hell out of you.