Sunday, November 13, 2011

Great weekend!

Saturday I had a wonderful meet up this weekend with some Texas gals. It was so nice and easy and comfortable. Like Ronnie said in her post, it is so nice to feel completely accepted....and sadly so rare sometimes. I have no pics but will post once I steal a few off Facebook. Thanks again to Debi for organizing. I think we are doing it again in February so any Texas gals let me know and we will share the date.

Sunday, I have to say, was just as great! I had a pretty crappy run on Saturday so I decided to try again today. Holy cow! It was awesome! Now I have to give you a little background, yes I have completed a half marathon but I did not run the whole thing. Yes, i run at least 3 times a week but, I have always been a run/walk kinda girl. Run 9 min walk 3....until today. Today I just ran WITHOUT STOPPING. And I felt good almost the whole way. It wasn't until I got to the 2.75 mile mark that I started struggling but I would be damned if I stopped at that point. So I powered through and finished my 3 miles. Man I feel good....can't wait to try again....well...almost can't wait. :)

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

11 comments:

Cece said...

I am so glad I found your blog ... you have a great story to tell (and now ... running !!). I'm going to go back and read your entire story :)

Banded Mommy (Angie) said...

AWESOME!

Dawnya said...

Now that is something to be excited about. That is freaking Awesome!!! I'm screaming for you. GO ANGELA!!!!!

Dawnya said...

Oh snap. The next meet up date is February 25th. The last Saturday of the month. Spread the word. LOL

MandaPanda said...

Yay for running!

Rhonda said...

Great job on your run! :)

Can't wait to get together again in February, I hope the weather cooperates. Crazy ol' Texas.

Sarah said...

Way to go!!!!!!!!!

Kristin said...

You are such an inspiration to us all!

Beth Ann said...

Fantastic!! That is great!! And I missed being with you all this weekend, but I will be at the next one for sure. :)

Sam said...

Congrats on your run :o)

Andrea said...

I am so glad I got to meet you this weekend!!! Good job on the running!