Hello everyone!
It is Sunday night. Which is either my favorite day of the week or my least favorite depending on whether or not I have to go to work the next day. :)
I've been out of the loop for several weeks now and just thought I would update you guys on stuff that has been going on deep in the heart of Texas.
- I had my revision surgery on March 7th, just 3 days after my father passed away. My mom and I spoke in depth about whether or not I needed to postpone surgery or just go ahead with it and power through. We obviously decided to power through and now that I am past it, I think it was the best decision. However, having surgery when you are already in a heightened emotional state is not recommended. I have gotten to know my PA really well in the last 2 years and when she made the rounds the morning after my surgery, I explained what was going on and she went ahead and wrote my discharge orders so I was able to go home and not have to spend another night.
- I slept the first two days that I was home and felt kind of rotten about it because I wasn't able to take care of my mom, she had to take care of me. I guess in some ways though it was a good distraction. I made it through the memorial service without any pain meds. I really wanted to be present and not doped up, but I kind of paid for it that evening.
- I was on a full liquid diet for three weeks and finally started on mushies this last Wednesday. Can I get an AMEN??? It was absolutely awful. Very similar to bandster hell but with the overwhelming fear that I was going to have a leak along my staple line and have to go back in for another surgery with almost a month long recovery which I COULD NOT afford to go through. But it looks as though I am out of the woods though as the majority of leaks occur between days 8 and 14.
- I have lost 10 pounds since surgery which puts me down to an all time low of 184.4. I am excited to start this new journey and put some of my good habits back in place so I can find my new normal.
- I have been back at work for two weeks and things are pretty crazy. I guess it is a blessing though because it doesn't give me a chance to think about things. But I think that I am just a ticking time bomb. With everything that has been going on, most of my time off was spent either in a drug coma or taking care of my mom. I have not had a moment to myself, nor have I had my "breakdown" yet and I just pray that it doesn't happen at work.
- I bought my tickets for Chicago. I am very excited about seeing everyone again!
- So thankful for all of you. I am sure that there is more for me to share but I am tired. I walked 4 miles today and it wore me out. My how things have changed. :) Hugs and kisses and have a great week all!

9 comments:
Hey there. My granddaddy (who I was very close to and who raised me like a dad) passed away a few months ago. I was kind of like you in that I didn't get to grieve immediately. I was put in charge of a lot of the funeral and viewing arrangements...and there were a lot of things I tried to do that were special to honor him and his life. Plus, I had a lot of other obligations at the same time. All the responsibilities in my life created a situation where I didn't feel like I was able to grieve normally. :( But I am starting to get to the point where I'm remembering more and more good things about his life and legacy, things that don't make me cry the minute I remember them. I hope your path leads to good coping and leaves you with positive, happy memories of your dad.
As far as the sleeve, you are doing so well! Wowsers! Way to go! And speaking of the sleeve, I have also been meaning to ask you how insurance covered your surgery (what your plan is and how all that worked) with you being no longer obese (or at least I don't think you are--you certainly look a FAR cry from overweight even!) after band removal? I would love to know since I may one day be in the same situation.
I'm glad the surgery went Ok and you're recovering well. With everything you've been going through, you are certainly due a breakdown. Possible to take a day off so you can have a planned one?
BIG Hug!! I just wish you continued healing and the peace that comes with it.
I am so glad to hear you are well. Keep taking care of YOU!
Hugs can not wait to see you in Chicago!
Glad to hear that you are doing well post-op. I hope the emotional side of things treats you as well as possible.
Let me know when you are ready for another get together. Would love to see you!
You are one strong mutha.....
I'm sending you all the good vibes and hope you get a much needed vacation soon! ;)
XO!!
oh girl, my heart aches for you. I am so sorry you're going through all this....
sounds like you're really doing great on your post-op plan though, keep up the hard work! and know that it's ok to have that breakdown, you can only stay strong for so long! xoxo
I'm thrilled to hear you are doing better and know you and your family have been in our thoughts. Be good, be healthy and take it easy these next couple of week, ok?
Glad things are going well after the surgery! I've been thinking about you and praying for you!
Post a Comment